Thursday, April 14, 2011

Calypso's treasure

Calypso is one of the least-demanding parrots I've met.  As I've mentioned before, this can mean it's easy to overlook his needs as he's not demanding that they be met!  He's perfectly happy to entertain himself, though he loves being with me.  In fact, of all of our parrots, I'd say he's the one who loves me the most.  I make it a point to give him some one-on-one time daily.  Unfortunately, as he doesn't like the camera, I write about him far too infrequently.

Earlier this week, he was on his cage chipping up some wood.  I asked him if he wanted to go into the kitchen with me.  He got so excited, but wanted to take his wood with him.  I thought this was adorable!  He carefully positioned it so he could step up and then back down on his stand.

I took a picture of this:


But he was so backlit!  I rearranged myself, but since the camera was out, he dropped the wood and refused to take it again.
I will not do what you want me to do, even though it's what I want to do.  Get rid of that camera!

Here's a little video of me trying to get him to chip the wood again.
Of course, as soon as the camera was away, he begged for the wood and chipped it up.  What a goofball!

2 comments:

phonelady said...

My oldest quaker Arnold hates the camera too I dont know why .

Elphie said...

What a silly bird! And cute too!