Tuesday, December 1, 2009

No new caique for us

For the reasons listed here, in update 2, we decided not to apply to adopt the other caique. It was a really tough decision and I'm still not sure we made the right one.

There are several birds that Thomas and I regret not adopting, and this caique may very well join the list.

For your viewing pleasure, here are a couple of pictures of the bird that I most regret not adopting:He was one of the most amazing parrots I've had the pleasure of knowing. He was older than Thomas and me, and such a gentle soul. He stayed up at the rescue for almost a year until we found the perfect home for him. I still communicate with his new owner, and he is a very loved member of the family.

I know we made the right decision not bringing him home, but I still think of him frequently and miss him.

No comments: