Thomas always hopes that Rocky will stay still on his back, but that rarely happens!Rocky and I have been making more progress. Here are some things that have happened recently:
- I had Rocky on a stick and was bringing him to Thomas. Thomas had recently gotten a haircut, and Rocky did not want to go by him. He walked down the stick, onto my arm, and nestled against my chest in an attempt to evade Thomas. Rocky did not even attempt to bite (I was closely watching his body language!)
- When Thomas isn't there, Rocky's been coming over by me and not even threatening to attack. A peaceful coexistence.
- Thomas has been placing Rocky in my lap when we're on the couch. Rocky will just climb off of me in an attempt to get to Thomas -- without any threats to me.
- When Rocky is caged, he sticks his feet through his cage in an attempt to grab me. Before, he'd quickly try to pull my finger in while he bit his leg (if I allowed him to pull my finger into his cage, my finger would have been bloody!) Recently, he's been letting me pet his foot without trying to pull my finger in for a sneak attack.
- There have been no attempted flying attacks in over a month, and he still has all of his flight feathers.