Thursday, December 23, 2010

Smoothie caique

Calypso has never met a fruit he didn't love. That applies equally to my daily smoothie, which is just blended frozen blueberries, pineapple, and some almond milk. Usually I offer him some from the glass while he's on his stand.

Today, he was a bit needier than usual, so I had him on my lap as I drank my smoothie and did the newspaper sudoku. He was quite acrobatic in his efforts to get to my drink -- he grabbed my sleeve, climbed up my arm, then back down to the table and got on the glass.

At first, there was enough left in the glass so he could drink easily; however, by the time I thought to take a picture, he really had to work to get anything:He then found an easier way to drink while leveraging himself against the glass:
I was really proud of his problem-solving skills as he is generally not one to let me see them!

2 comments:

belovedparrot said...

Has he ever fallen in? Or gotten his little face all purple?

Mary said...

He never falls in, but does sometimes dye his face with berries. Somehow, though, he always manages to get all of the berry stain off by the time I get home from work.

It's quite comical!