Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Kale

We also got some kale in our CSA box. I'm not a huge fan, but it's so healthy that I force myself to eat it. Given Max's penchant for preferring cheese and nuts, I suspect she was just curious about the unusual texture and didn't actually eat any:Not sure about Rocky, if he actually ate some or just pretended to. He'd climbed up on Thomas's shoulder, and he let him stay for a few minutes.
I had a feeling Beeps would do this. He's not actually eating the kale; just destroying it. Then, he starts posturing as I have the camera on him and that's one of the things that sets him off. Notice how his eyes flash red, he's puffed up his feathers (especially his green back feathers), the deliberate steps he takes, and the strange head-snaking motions. If I were to attempt to have him step up, I would receive a bite for sure.

No comments: