Monday, January 12, 2009

Parrot prison

Saturday morning, I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom, accompanied by the greys. Thomas walked over to the threshold of the open bathroom door to talk to me, followed by his shadow, Rocky. I warned Thomas to keep Rocky out of the bathroom. Thomas assured me he had everything under control and was explaining his method of using his legs and feet to block Rocky into staying in the hallway, when Rocky darted through his legs and ran towards me, wings outstretched and beak open, ready to attack. Blood-spilling was averted, as I always have an escape route where Rocky is concerned: I jumped up on the toilet.

Thomas said, "That's it! You're going to parrot prison!" as he emptied a nearby laundry basket of our workout clothes and trapped Rocky within its confines.

The jailbird:As you can see by this video, he did not object to his temporary confinement. In fact, he loves to play in and around this laundry basket and has chewed off many of the squares, leaving me with gaping holes through which socks have been known to escape.

I was in the kitchen, returning the camera to its spot, when I heard Max land on the laundry basket and Thomas said, "Maxwell!" She was striking at him, and he responded in kind.
After a few seconds of this, everyone calmed back down:
My teeth finally cleaned, everyone left the bathroom.

No comments: