Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More Brian

I can't believe it's only been a week since we brought him home. Last night he'd been on my arm during dinner. I sneezed really loudly, and Brian got scared and jumped to Thomas's arm:Thomas then kept him. I think Brian is making inroads already! Here he was, preening Thomas's finger
One of the things Brian says is "Get me a beer!" We've only heard him say it once, but it was on the list his former owners provided to the rescue. Thomas was joking around, as we'd never give Brian beer, but it doesn't matter as Brian didn't want any:
He also said "Gimme kisses pretty birdie!" I'm not sure if that's on the list or not. He does a lot of budgie chatter, but it is so quiet and with our loud parrots, we can't hear most of it.

Brian has interesting wing coloring. His right wing, as you can see in this picture, is white. His left wing (you can see it above in the first picture of this entry) he has the normal budgie pattern.

This morning, he was on his now-routine investigation of the kitchen table during breakfast. He found his way to Thomas and started eating his toast:
Note that although Thomas was eating honey toast, Brian was just eating the dry whole wheat bread.

And a video because once Brian's gone, I want some videos to remember how fun he was:

Have I mentioned that we really hit the jackpot with Brian? I'm rather sad it took me a week to make up my mind.

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Brian's cute! I love budgies/parakeets. My first bird was a parakeet named Earl. He died a year or so after we got him when his water dish fell on him (or at least that is what my mother told me, I was 6). I got an English budgie named Boogie and had him for five years and would probably still have him except we had a house fire and the only pet that survied was my gecko. I miss their antics.

Michelle said...

Brian is adorable! I had a budgie once that looked just like him, minus the different colorations on Brian's wings. It is so heartwarming to see that Brian will live out his days in a home filled with love and comfort.

Shannon said...

Brian is so darling. What a lucky little guy, and a lucky household to keep him happy in his last days. Thanks for taking him in!

belovedparrot said...

How adorable! Makes me want a budgie. Or two. Or three. Or . . . .

Cynthia said...

Brian hit the jackpot with you guys...