Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The lurker

Unfortunately, Thomas had to work tonight. It's been months since he's had to work at night, and we've really gotten used to having him around. I'd like to think that I miss him the most, though that distinction might actually go to Rocky or Stella. The only one who's happy about this is Calypso. Calypso does not like Thomas, so he was very happy tonight! Usually he puts himself to bed right after supper, around 6 pm, but tonight (as all the nights Thomas isn't home), he stayed up until I had to put him to bed.

Earlier this evening, I was in the kitchen making dinner. I heard some clicking; sure enough, Rocky was lurking around. I had the camera set to no flash, so he's blurry, but you can see him making his way in to be with me:He stops at every corner to see what's happening:
He started making his way towards me, then turned around, deciding against launching an attack (perhaps because I had a stick in my other hand so he knew it was pointless.)
Rocky is such an enigma. He won't let me handle him, but when Thomas isn't home, he likes to be near me. If I were forced to live with someone I hated, I'd spend the evening in the other room if possible, yet Rocky seeks me out. It's maddening; I can't understand him.

2 comments:

The Homeless Parrot said...

My Senegal and my AG hate - no LOATHE - each other, yet if I separate them (different rooms), they scream to each other until they are moved back to the same room.

My thought is that it would sound like this,

Carnegie, "HEY HEY HEY. WHERE YOU AT?? WHAT'S GOING ON IN THERE?? DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING I DON'T HAVE??"

Titus, "HEY HEY HEY HEY. NO, Nothing in here. WHAT'S GOING ON IN THERE???"

Repeat...

Mary said...

HP, that is really funny! Maybe Rocky does just need to keep an eye on me. When Thomas is home alone with the birds, he's usually in the kitchen and Rocky is usually in the living room. So weird!