Sunday, September 5, 2010

Calypso

Calypso is probably the parrot that I talk about the least on this blog. Partly that is because he tends to be so well-behaved and doesn't get himself into photo-worthy situations too frequently!

He is extremely low-maintenance and can easily fade into the background. I make it a point to spend quality one-on-one time with him so that he doesn't get left out. Yesterday was a time when I made such an effort.

I was tired from finishing my run and wasn't up to the constant supervision the greys require, so I left them in their cages and just took Calypso out. My plan was for him to sit in my lap while I ate some yogurt and strawberries and did the sudoku puzzle in the paper.

But Calypso somehow got wind of the strawberries, so he climbed onto the table and began to help himself:After he'd had enough, he climbed back to my lap and we had a very pleasant time together.

No comments: