Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Wanderer

Last night, Thomas had to go upstairs and do some work on the computer. I was downstairs making dinner and watching the parrots. Only I wasn't closely supervising the parrots as I had to pay attention to dinner, too. I was keeping an ear open for the sound of trouble, and every 5 minutes or so doing a parrot census to make sure everyone was accounted for.

On doing one of these censuses, I realized that I could only account for two greys -- Max was missing. I searched all of the usual places, then started in on the unusual places. I misunderstood Thomas's response when I asked him if he'd seen her, lengthening my search by several minutes.

Here she was:I didn't hear her fly down from the chair where she'd been perching, which means she climbed down the chair, walked to the stairs, walked up the stairs, and found Thomas in the office. When I found her, Thomas requested that I take her back downstairs with me, which I did. He joined us shortly after that.

No comments: