Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Today's the day!

Steve meets his new owner today! They leave tomorrow for his forever home. I am so excited!

I never get tired of taking pictures of him coming down to visit with me in the morning:I dropped my farmers' market vegetables at home en route to going to work this morning. A pepper fell out, so I took that as a sign to wash it and give it to Steve. He loved it!
I was hoping to catch his excited "Wooo!" that he does when he's getting food, but he doesn't do it in front of the camera! In any case, I love how he's stretching to get this food. I don't think I'd ever given him a red hot pepper before, so he's this excited for something new. I'll send some home with his new owner for him to eat on the plane.
video

Today's going to be a busy day -- more details on Steve's transition to come later this week.

2 comments:

Tony Wildish said...

Oh I do hope Steve handles the trip well. And I hope you do too, I know it'll be a huge wrench for you to see him go. You've done such wonderful work with him, thank you for saving him.

Pamela said...

Love this story! You've done such a good job with Steve, can't wait to hear the continuing saga.