Sunday, September 5, 2010

Searching out the sun

This morning, Stella flew over to our kitchen island, in search of the sun:She really shouldn't be on the island, as she is attracted to things she shouldn't destroy, like apples. It's safer if she's on a stand. I moved her stand so that she could be in the path of the sun:
But then she turned around and was more interested in what was going on inside the house than outside:
Shortly after I took this picture, she hopped back on to the island, so I put her back on the stand, where she stayed until it was time to go back in her cage.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Lovely shots! and lovely Stella, beautiful as ever.

HungryBird said...

Your site is very beautiful. I'm sure you must prepare fantastic meals for your birds. I would love to see pictures of the food you give them because I am crazy like that! Do you make toys for them? What kinds of pellets do you offer?

Mary said...

Hi Shannon -- thanks! The shadow one turned out artsier than anticipated, so I was pleased :)

Hungry Bird -- I will take pictures over the next few days and write a post addressing your questions!

I feed mostly Harrison's pellets. My greys get Harrison's High Potency; the others get a mix of Harrison's High Potency, Harrison's pepper, Harrison's power treats, and Goldenfeast Goldenobles.

I do make toys for them, but also buy some -- depends on how lazy I am feeling!!!