Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pied Piper

I was going through boxes of parrot toy making supplies in an effort at decluttering, and found these plastic whistle things I had bought several years ago. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking when I bought them!

I asked Thomas if he had any idea what we could use them for; he had no clue, but started blowing the whistle. What a reaction we got out of Max! She immediately flew into the kitchen. Then she flew over to Thomas. He tossed her back to her stand and she started dancing:
I have them set aside in case she ever gets loose outside as this called her to us better than anything else we've tried. It was unbelievable. None of the other parrots had any reaction to it, though.

Rocky may have been a bit miffed at the reaction Max got from us, as he decided, a song or two later, to join in the dancing. If you listen closely, you can hear him clicking along:
Also, videos are working on my work computer, but not my home computer. I will have to figure out how to get the videos over to my work computer so I can show Rocky with the tennis ball. Though I'm worried I've built up an expectation of this video, and it's really not that great, so maybe I should just forget it!

2 comments:

RainyGrlJenny said...

rocky dances like one of my ex-boyfriends :)

Mary said...

I'm sorry to hear your ex had no rhythm :)